31 Years Experience in Business Marketing and
Founding and Growing Businesses
Joe has 31 years of experience in business marketing, as well as founding and building businesses. A few highlights include:
- Founded and grew a printing company from start up to $12 million in sales and 300 employees in 4 years. Set up distribution for children’s sticker line into 20,000 gift stores and most major chain retailers, including Target, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Safeway, etc.
- Set up traffic-building promotion for 900 retail customers that created $145 million in additional sales for children’s sticker line with kid’s club membership of 900,000 children in less than 1 year.
- Founded a school supply company that created and sold 4-foot sections of holographic school supplies to Target, Wal-Mart and other major chains. Attained $6 million in sales. Also received an award from Target in 1992 as the “Best New Vendor” for their stationery and school supply departments.
- Founded a $1 million mail order catalog company selling to 9,500 medical and dental offices and hospitals throughout the US and Canada. Sold the business to a competitor and helped save them an additional $500,000 per year by improving their printing processes.
- Founded an Internet company selling a business opportunity in the promotional products market exclusively on-line. Set up 1,320 companies as distributors in the promotional products industry.
- Co-founded a company selling tax services to CPA’s.
- Additional experience includes running an injection molding company and business marketing at both Kimberly-Clark and BF Goodrich Chemical.
- Earned an MBA in Marketing from Case Western University (2nd in class) – 1977 and a BS in Biology from Illinois Institute of Technology – 1972.